What is Self Care?
Self care is one of the topics I hear about all of the time. Not sure about you but I see it and hear it everywhere. When it first started to appear, I always use to think what is self care? What does it mean? What positive impact will this have on my life? The more I read, the more I discovered it is really about taking time out for ourselves regardless of our situation in life.
Whether you are waiting for your little miracle, you are pregnant or your little one has arrived it can be physically demanding and mentally draining at times and committing to self-care is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. One day you are handling the normal day to day pressures of life and the next day you may have a newborn who will demand plenty of your time and for some the combination of both can become quite overwhelming. Yes, your new born does need a lot of attention, however it is equally important to schedule your own time to look after your own well being.
So how do we make time for self care without feeling guilty and what is the most effective way to make time for self care when we are limited on time? We are all in a different stage of our life at the moment so choose the things that work for you in your current situation. If 5 minutes is all you have then just start there. Consider asking family, friends or a babysitter to take care of your babies and children for a little while so you can have some time out. Sometimes you need to put yourself first and do the little things you love that make you happy.
I’ve recently stared going to yoga and it has really helped me stop, breathe and calm my mind down.
We’ve put some ideas together below to get you started:
- Have a cat nap during the day
- Listen to quiet music
- Have a cup of herbal tea and actually sit and enjoy it. Have a look out our lovely range of teas here.
- Take a walk in nature
- Read a book (start with a couple of pages if that is all time allows)
- Start a gratitude journal, write down 3 things you are grateful for
- Write in a journal and get everything that’s in your head on paper
- Get a massage
- Do a yoga class or if you can’t leave the house find a YouTube video
- Have a bath when the little ones are asleep
- Ignore the to do list and write down everything you want to do for yourself over the coming weeks and months
- Organise to have a facial/beauty treatment.
- Or try some of our luxurious natural and organic skincare
Always remember to be gentle with yourself, you are doing the best you can. ❤️